Ideas for my aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmay33

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought this aquarium with no plan! It has a fully functional saltwater light setup and filtration system. I've never done saltwater, though. So probably shouldn't start with 100 gallons! Still going back and forth. If this was your freshwater aquarium, what would you put in it? I need inspiration! Would love pictures as inspiration too. I am trying to learn everything I can before just jumping in! Btw, I know it needs a lot of cleaning! Haha.

Attachments

• image-2063655093.jpg
    image-2063655093.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 74
Thank you! I will check it out. This tank is 100 gallons.

Your tank is awesome!! I had actually looked at it earlier. Love it! I've never done plants before. I'm about to plant some in a 5 gallon and see how it goes!

Thanks! Actually check the archives as there have been some good threads with pictures of planted nano tanks. It's a good way to get your feet wet.

Great! I will look! Someone posted this 100 gallon in the member tanks section. I would LOVE to do this. Using a nano tank to learn is the first step. :) I love the plants! Thanks for your help!!

Attachments

• image-455094009.jpg
    image-455094009.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 78
Whenever I start my nano plant tank, what is the best substrate?

Whenever I start my nano plant tank, what is the best substrate?

I use Eco-complete in all my tanks including my dirted tanks. But most any commerical plant substrate is good. You can use sand or small gravel but they are inert whereas commerical plant substrates have a high CEC which allows the substrate to absorb and hold onto nutrients making them available for plant use.

CEC means Cation-exchange capacity. You want your substrate to have a high CEC in planted tanks so it can absorb and hold nutrients for plant use. Sand and gravel are inert and have no CEC value.

i love that a common misconception is right in front of us and no one said anything.
-----bigger tanks are more stable then smaller ones---- dont worry about not being able to do a salt water tank if u want one,do it there isnt a big trick to salt water its basicly the same as fresh water but it costs more due to salt. if u wanna do a fresh water do it. there are soo many ways you could go with this and a tank of that size lets u keep most awsome fish, question is whats ur fave. here in australia we have many band fish we just cant have, if i where in the states i would be going for eather an army of dwarf puffers n some plecos or maby a fahaka (i recon they are prolly one of the smartest fish)

Back
Top Bottom