Identification Needed on Two items

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pilotjcm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We just received our order from Etropicals. We originally ordered the BYO reef cleaners, but they messed our order up. I called them and they said that because our order was similar to another, they must have sent us theirs in error. Anyways, they told us to keep this order and they would resend out what we had ordered. And to call the LFS or a relative for anything we didn't want.

Anyhow, I now need identification on these two items since I am new to the hobby and didn't originally order them. Also, if these are corals or such, how do we go about and put them in the tank? Sorry for the blurry pics, but I was trying to take them through the plastic bags.

TIA!

img_316227_0_c0beab48671063b1ed5e7500035d8e4b.jpg

img_316227_1_1b469981a25ceed2b7e88fbec5006a87.jpg

I can tell the bottom pic is definately a lettuce nudibranch. They are algae grazers. Not a bad addition, just not very long lived. I can't make out what's in the top bag. ? Is it an animal? Some type of macro maybe?

In the top pic, the item is actually hard and green in color, and looks like half a clam shell (that's the best way I can describe it). It is attached to a small piece of rock or sand.

The second pic, when you look at it from the top, it appears to be maybe another type of coral or polyp. Sorry the pics aren't so great. It actually IRL appears to have little round tubes sticking out of it and it is a yellow color. And it is soft.

Well, the second pic is a sea slug. Lettuce nudibranch. I'm positive of that. The top pic is a type of macro algae. I can't think of the name right now. I'll be back with a name for you.

Mermaids Fan plant. A type of calcareous algae. Needs moderate light, moderate flow. Pretty cool free stuff :D

Wow! Thanks so much for your help! Yep, that little nudibranch started moving in the bag! LOL! There are actually two of them. Now, all this stuff is reef safe, right?

Yes, it's all reef safe. The only advice I can offer is, I would cover your powerheads and filter intakes if you have them. The nudi's will get sucked in.

Back
Top Bottom