Identify Baby fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brock1588

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can anyome help me identify this baby lol i came home from work and looked in my tank to relax me and i see this little bugger......i was soo happy to see it....its my first baby fish......i have 2 diff types of tetras and guppys

Hope it survives i have no where to put it.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1471909891197.jpg
    1471909891197.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 294
babys

probably a baby guppy, the tetras would be very small.if you look close there may be a few more

I agree with sheilak and if there are not more now there will be....lol

I thought guppies but i cant see any more and i thought they had loads

Livebearers can have as few as 1 or as many as 20 or more . And in a tank with other fish most end up as dinner the first few days after birth . Just nature .

Thanks for the help....really hope it stays alive its hiding in some plants i have in there

If it has made it this far chances are very good that it will make it to adulthood . You need to crush up some flake food as small as you can and watch and make sure it gets some . You can feed it a few times a day . Just a little each time until it gets bigger . Just make sure you stay on top of your weekly water changes until you can stop the multiple feedings .

Well woke up this morning went to check on the lil fella and i couldnt see him so i thought hed been eaten then moments later he pops out of the castle and into the small grassy plant i have....he survived his 1st night......looking closer at my other females and i think i could be in for some more soon

Just an update there are now 2 of the babies either another guppie has had one or she was hiding from me found her near the water heater

Easiest thing to do is sit in front of the tank and be still and watch . You may see more . At this stage they are very skittish .

Can you not get a small tank to put them in on their own? Like a small plastic 2 litre one from Walmart or something? Make a second tank, so they don't get eaten?

Guppies will give birth every month. I don't see a reason to keep them in a separate tank. The tank will not have more babies than it can hold.

I've had 2 female guppies in my 20G, one gave birth lights on and the other gave birth lights off. I had 20+ survivors lights off.

Back
Top Bottom