Identify please. Dangerous?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

litebrite

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is the photo. They are growing fast and spreading all over my tank super fast hitch hiked from on a coral I got last week.

I am worried they can sting. They are little tubes with what looks like a polyp for a head with little hairs that pop out from the sides. They get fat too like they are filling up with water.

I am scared they are "DIGITATE HYDROIDS" which I hear sting.

img_864867_0_5811f47b1b96330dc3e1ab177e79f6ef.jpg

My photo of this <a href="https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attachments/photobucket/img_864867_0_5811f47b1b96330dc3e1ab177e79f6ef.jpg">CLICK FOR PHOTO</a>.

Hmmm, it's hard to tell. Can you get a better pic?
Do they look like anything on here:
Xtalreef

The big ones are too far away to photo. They are growing at an alarming rate, so maybe in a few days I can take new picks as they double in size.

Looks like harmless Q-tip sponges to me. I get them in low light areas of my tank and in the plumbing of my drain.

Yes thank you. They are Q-Tips

Feeling so much better. I was worried they were were bad and could possibly sting. They grow so fast. Just over night they got fat and plump at the base looking like a valcano. I looked up Qtips and they were a prefect match. THANK YOU!!! They had to grow more to plump out.

they look like maggots with a feathery looking antenas on one side huh? They hang from the feathery antena, i have them all over my bioballs but i cant get a good pic either. I think its a worm of some sort.

Back
Top Bottom