Identifying 2 plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boyen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Guys,

Could you help me identify 2 plants in my tank.

The first one is a background plant approx. 15-20'' tall. The second is a foreground plant approx. 1-2'' tall.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Plant 1.jpg
    Plant 1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Plant 2.jpg
    Plant 2.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 69
Fast reply. Thanks. The first one has a very large stem and the leaves are more or less floating on the surface of the water. Is this a sword?

I will see if I can get a better picture tomorrow.

Well, my bulbs do that. It could be a kind of bulb. Look up some pics and see if they look similar. Could still be sword, need some better pics. :)

The first picture is anubias for sure second looks like an emersed form crypt or sword..hard to tell

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks like anubias and a poorly trimmed belheri sword
Trim all those huge leaves and let the smaller leaves catch up and youll get bushier more uniformed growth

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451767025.230195.jpg

- St Charles Almendras Geraldizo

I did som research and think it's a radican sword. It was pretty big when I got it with very long stems. Fits the description of a radican sword pretty good. Found this picture through google:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 41
I thought so too initially. But the oriental sword is known for the semi-transparent pink coloration of new leaves. Mine are all light green.

Back
Top Bottom