If you were a 12 year old boy what would you want in your tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
guppytank29 said:
i say some male guppies and a couple ghost shrimp

If they had guppies it could only be 2
How about 1 scarlet badis, a school of CPDs or chili rasboras, and a colony of RCS
Also you could only have one Multi in that tank because it is so small

Chiroptera said:
It would be horrible for your 5 gallon to fail because your fish were stressed from lack of room to grow.. There's tons of small fish that are "different." If you want something larger, maybe consider a ten gallon? Still not in the cichlid range, but it opens some neat doors.

I have a 5 gallon I keep in my bedroom as a recovery tank when one of my fish shows any signs of illness or I get new fish from the store. Is that ok? I mean yeah I have fish that wouldn't be happy in there occasionally but my intention is still to have them moved into my 40 gallon.

RikaMitsukane said:
I have a 5 gallon I keep in my bedroom as a recovery tank when one of my fish shows any signs of illness or I get new fish from the store. Is that ok? I mean yeah I have fish that wouldn't be happy in there occasionally but my intention is still to have them moved into my 40 gallon.

Its ok if you only put small fish in there like guppies, nano fish, streamlined tetras, rasboras, and cories
Plecos, large catfish, cichlids, full bodied tetras, danios, albino cories, angelfish, livebearers, etc won't work in there even short term

ashleynicole said:
99.99% of betta's will eventually eat the ghost shrimp

But my beta and one of my ghost shrimp share the same rock o_O actually its the shrimp that's the more aggressive towards the other shrimp.

emerald76 said:
Its ok if you only put small fish in there like guppies, nano fish, streamlined tetras, rasboras, and cories
Plecos, large catfish, cichlids, full bodied tetras, danios, albino cories, angelfish, livebearers, etc won't work in there even short term

Alright I'll keep that in mind.

emerald76 said:
If they had guppies it could only be 2
How about 1 scarlet badis, a school of CPDs or chili rasboras, and a colony of RCS
Also you could only have one Multi in that tank because it is so small

Okay I'm getting some pretty cool ideas in mind but what do those accranems mean? I haven't figured all out yet

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Dunno... 10? Haha they will multiply quick tho :)

Okay! So if I got like two corys, a couple of rosebarbs, and some shrimp do you think that would be too crowded?

Oh oh ph!! What about two little rainbow sharks? I have the resources to relocate them when they outgrow the tank

You can do the cories and shrimp or shrimp or shrimp and rasboras but not all three as cories are very active IME and 5 plus some shrimp fully stocks a 5 IMO

What about clown Killifish? A couple would work in that size tank and they're pretty cool IMO

I would do live plants and RCS ( shrimp). No fish.
Or 3 or 4 Endlers males.

Chili Rasboras can go with Shrimp. Just need live plants. Java Moss, java Ferns are easy.

Or look at Dragonscale or regular Half Moon Plakats if you want a "different " Betta.
Abbreviation is HMPK on Aquabid.
Mine is super active and rules his 5g and eats from my fingers.

put in some live plants and a betta with a bright colored tail. Maybe not pinkish-red like some but a dark blue, and if you can, maybe even yellow?! I know most fish stores don't stock the pretty "rare" strains of bettas, but if there is a breeder in your area...;)

What about some African dwarf frogs? Any boy that looks at my tanks, regardless of age are drawn to my frogs. I've had 5 yr olds all the way up to 40 yr olds say 'ooh you have frogs!' I have some betta and frogs in a divided 10g and it works very well!

smomus said:
What about some African dwarf frogs? Any boy that looks at my tanks, regardless of age are drawn to my frogs. I've had 5 yr olds all the way up to 40 yr olds say 'ooh you have frogs!' I have some betta and frogs in a divided 10g and it works very well!

Well I have some African dwarf frogs in my tank so I was looking to get something that he had never seen before. Great suggestion though!

People a twelve year old BOY. Im guessing he would want something aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom