Ill Fish ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

niamhr.3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
IMG_5319.jpg

help my fish has white spots on its fins is this ich or something else ?

To be honest, to me, it looks more like a fungus of some sort. Do any other fish have tge white growths on them?

To be honest, to me, it looks more like a fungus of some sort. Do any other fish have tge white growths on them?

no not that i’ve noticed. is there a way to treat it ?

There are several over the counter treatments like Melafix, fin and body cure, fungus cure, and others. But really the root cause of most problems is water quality. What are your parameters reading as?

There are several over the counter treatments like Melafix, fin and body cure, fungus cure, and others. But really the root cause of most problems is water quality. What are your parameters reading as?

i’m not sure at the moment but could stress be a contributor as one of my female mollies has been picking on all of my guppies recently

Stress can indeed be a factor.

As a complete shot in the dark based on what you said something like this could have happened:
The molly nipped at this guy and caused some damage.
The water quality not being as good as it could be caused the wounds to not heal.
The wounds not healing in bad water ended up growing a fungus.

Do you have hiding places for your fish to get away from each other? That might help with the nipping.

Stress can indeed be a factor.

As a complete shot in the dark based on what you said something like this could have happened:
The molly nipped at this guy and caused some damage.
The water quality not being as good as it could be caused the wounds to not heal.
The wounds not healing in bad water ended up growing a fungus.

Do you have hiding places for your fish to get away from each other? That might help with the nipping.

i think my molly got kinda aggressive as it turns out that she was pregnant as baby mollies appeared in my tank today so hopefully she should ease off soon. yes i do have hiding places for them too which they have been using

Back
Top Bottom