Ill Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rex212

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I am new to keeping an aquarium and I have noticed my Platy is unwell and I think he has white spot but I am unsure.

Please can someone advise on how I can tackle this?

I have a 35l tank and a fluval U1 filter. I have had a problem with high nitrates for the last few weeks and am trying to get rid of them but I am having no luck. I have two danios, two minnows and two plays. I really don't want to loose any of my fish.

Please can someone advise me?

Attachments

• IMG20220112092201.jpg
    IMG20220112092201.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG20220112092200.jpg
    IMG20220112092200.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 13
Can you give some more information on the tank, setup and inhabitants please. Is 35l 35 litres or are is it a 35 long which would be 35 gallons?

What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values.

How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?

When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?

How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?

Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?

What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?

Yes, it could very well be white spot/ich. Cant really tell if its like grains of salt on the body or discoloured scales.

Last edited:
Considering the fact that I experienced something similar recently I'd very much like to see the OPs tank parms as well.

Back
Top Bottom