I'm a new member!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dumu

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello!
I am Collin, aka Dumu and want to get into this hobby. I currently have a 10 gallon tank, but no fish! So I hope to get fish this week!
Any ideas of cool freshwater fish to get? Thanks!
I'm also from Ohio.

Welcome to the site :). There's tons of fish you can choose from, just make sure to do your research on what will work for your tank.

Since you're new to the hobby, check out the link in my signature to get some knowledge about cycling your tank :)

eco23 said:
Welcome to the site :). There's tons of fish you have to choose from, just make sure to do your research on what will work for your tank.

Since you're new to the hobby, check out the link in my signature to get some knowledge about cycling your tank :)

Thanks! I have been doing research for weeks! :) and I'm highly considering cycling my tank! I think I will!

Dumu said:
Thanks! I have been doing research for weeks! :) and I'm highly considering cycling my tank! I think I will!

Good for you :). One way or another, you will be cycling your new tank. The choice is whether you will do it with or without fish. I obviously promote fishless cycling since it is the safest solution for your fish, and you build them a healthy home before they move in. It also saves you from having to do almost daily water changes to keep your fish healthy. I'll be more than happy to help you with any questions you have along the way :)

Hey welcome to AA! I agree with eco23, I made a mistake of fish-in cycling... had to change 25 gallons of water a day (I have a 50 gal)... it was too bad I hadnt done research before-hand. Youre sure to learn a lot from everyone on here :D

Welcome to AA! I'm new here too.I'd suggest female bettas for your tank. Great introductory fish and their life in a small cup at the pet store is awful. Always save a bettas life when you can. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom