im a total fantasy nerd and I want to put "the one ring" from LOTR in one of my tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the-chad

Aquarium Advice Regular
im a total fantasy nerd and I want to put "the one ring" from LOTR in one of my tanks

Which metals (if any) are safe for shrimp and fish? I want to put the ring from Lord of the Rings in one of my tanks. Is tungsten safe? What about gold plated?

Which metals (if any) are safe for shrimp and fish? I want to put the ring from Lord of the Rings in one of my tanks. Is tungsten safe? What about gold plated?

Metals typically shouldn't be used in tanks because pretty well all metals are capable of oxidizing or leeching metals into your water. Not a good thing also aquarium additives have ingredients to break down metal. And i am guessing that your ring is really a collectors item so im guessing its probably made from inexpensive metals. The gold plating probably won't hold up over time especially if it chips off either way i am pretty sure low quality gold oxidizes ever had your skin turn green after wearing certain jewelry. Metal really isn't something you want to mess around with in your aquarium it can be very harmful to fish.

Maybe there is someone who knows a metal that is safe. But i really don't know of any.

LOTR tank is awesome!! How about covering the ring in silicone or some kind of sealent?

Back
Top Bottom