Im Back, my Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zach_1_6

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all, i used to be a regular member on here, but i slowly faded off for a few months and now i want to start again. i took down 2 of my 3 tanks to focus on school and what not, so i posted a picture of my remaining tank, what do you guys think?

65 gallons
Eco-complete
2, 96 watt compact florecent ( well one burnt out so im only using one untill i grab another)
rainbowfish and a few old tetra, 2 rainbow sharks (i know its a no-no but they only fight a bit and then stop for weeks, the albino is 6 years old while the black is ony 3)
rapheal catfish.
i have a pressurized co2 system i just need to go fill up the tanks
top fin 60 HOB
marineland 220 canister
300 watt heater
reverse osmosis water with weekly RO water changes

Attachments

• PA040569.jpg
    PA040569.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 111
Jealous much.. I love your tank, wish mine would look like that!

thank you! it is a little over grown ATM, i plan on trimming eveything up next water change, cant wait for my red melon sword and 2 amazons to take off.

Can we get a flora list? Looks like you have quite a few I "non-standards" in there by common plant standards.

2 amazon swords (very small)
red melon sword
madagascar lace
jungle val
spiral val
rotala
narrow leave hygro
broad leave hygro
java fern
star grass
chain sword
anubias
crypts

Welcome back Zach. Good to see you again. The tank is looking good and very healthy. It will look great after a bit of trimming!

Looks nice- I just love heavily-planted tanks! I also am a fan o your rainbows!!!

Thanks, here is the tank after a trimming, thinning, and water change

Attachments

• PA050570.jpg
    PA050570.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 65
Wow, did that ever make a difference! Looks fantastic Zach. I really like the layout.

Thanks fort, i seem to like it so far, I just want those swords to make a come back and fill up the middle a little better.

Back
Top Bottom