I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow so I'm scared that if he dies, by the time I get ba

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Massimo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay so today I haven't seen my six line wrasse at all. So I moved a few rocks around and there he is, lying on the substrate not swimming, he looks healthy...
My parameters are all at 0..
Problem is, I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow so I'm scared that if he dies, by the time I get back, an ammonia spike would have destroyed my tank. Any advice?

Okay so today I haven't seen my six line wrasse at all. So I moved a few rocks around and there he is, lying on the substrate not swimming, he looks healthy...
My parameters are all at 0..
Problem is, I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow so I'm scared that if he dies, by the time I get back, an ammonia spike would have destroyed my tank. Any advice?

do you have a quarantine tank? how long is the vacation? and do you have someone who is going to be looking after your fish?

Nope no quarantine tank, I've had the six line wrasse for 7 months... Has been healthy since.. All other fish in the tank are healthy.. No one can look after it... The vacation is 7 days. Going up north to a chalet.

I went on leave and lost 5-6 snails and ammonia never got too high. Should be alright if he does die. How big is your tank?

37 gallon reef. 4 fish, 2 clowns, 1 lawnmower blenny and a six line wrasse.

Mine is 55g. Lost all those snails and I did have a little ammonia but just enough to change th color to the next stage above 0

Alright you've eased my mind ahaha. Thanks! Hope the little guy's okay. It's my girlfriends favourite fish.

I want a 6 lined wrasse, but haven't gotten one. About to transfer and its hurricane season. Only have 1 damsel and about 7 colonies of corals. Haven t bought much since hurricane Isaac. Lost everything but a few corals. Bought 3 damsels and 2 died. I usually try to scoop out dead things, but can't while I'm on leave.

I also lost a clown down the sump. Couldn't find it and ammonia didn't even show.

Oh wow. That sucks, sorry to hear about that! I haven't lost a fish yet *knock on wood*. Pretty surprised about it too lol because I never had a lot of experience with aquariums.. I kinda just went straight into saltwater tanks ahaha.

Yeah me too. I don't lose fish often but when I do I prefer dos equis. Nah I've lost a few fish from sucking into sump or just dying. I hadn't bought fish in a year though. Oh yeah natural disaster have killed most my fish.

Ahahaha, what kind of fish do you have in your system?

Just a blue damsel.

List of dead fish
Lion fish
2 clown
Yellow tang
3 stripe damsel
Domino damsel
Emerald crab
2 peppermint shrimp
15 turbo snails
15 hermit crabs
2 green chromis

Wow! Looks like a genocide happened in your tank, man that sucks..

What caused them to die? Temperature? Not enough oxygen?

Loss of electricity, with no flow oxygen gets depleted, and the temperature stays about 75-82. No filtration neither. We lose electricity between 4-7 days during hurricanes in Louisiana. I'm in New Orleans.

Happened once that the power went out. Nothing happened to the tank... I live in montreal canada. Gets pretty cold up here in the winter. If I were to lose power in the winter, within 3-4 hours my water would lower to 60-65 degrees..

Yeah my fish last about 3-4 days before dying without electricity.

Back
Top Bottom