im new and need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I started my tank with "live sand" and live rock. After about a week the LFS said (after testing my water) that we could add a hearty fish... which they showed us the Damsel tank. My children and I picked out 2 blue damsels, 2 yellow tailed damsels, and 2 black and whit stipped damsels. They did ok. we lost one yellow tail, and on black and white one. They picked on each other. A week later are water was even clear of nitrate. When we added the other fish in the tank the damsels did not bother them. My royal gramma found a favorite hole the it protects at all times. It seems as if the differant variety of fish we added almost broke up the fighting amongst the damsels and made them accept that they need to share. Same as I am always telling the kids.. lol. Now of course I am no expert! I am just stating my own experience. This is our first satwater aquarium, and I made some mistakes already. However with good advice from everyone here I am making changes to do right by the fish and the hobby.
Melissa

The Damsels may get territorial when they get older. The only thing I could add is Please be carful as to them amount of fish you add to your tank at any given time. 6 fish at one time to a very new tank could have had dire consiquences. Be aware of a LFS that would sell you 6 at one time.
Other then that, just watch and enjoy your fish.

Back
Top Bottom