I'm new-intro and plea for help and mercy ;)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When i do a pwc i drain 25-50%, every other pwc i swish my filter media in the drained water, dump the water, fill the bucket up with water that is as close as possible to the temp of tank, add product, dump water in

If you are using Prime there is no need to let the new water sit for a long time. Heck, people who do water changes with Python-type water change systems add the Prime to the tank while the water is going directly into the tank...no buckets at all.

Leaving a bucket of water overnight is very old-school. It does no harm, but is not needed with a good water conditioner, like Prime. In my house, leaving a bucket overnight would guarentee a cat or two would be drinking out of it, and or playing with in it. Not ideal for fish health.

If you aren't registering ammonia or nitrite on the test kit and it's been a while since the tank has been set up with the neons then it could be cycled. Just test the water daily; if you see ammonia or nitrite, do a water change. If you don't, then there's no need for one until nitrates climb to 20 (pwc are the only way nitrates leave the tank and in high doses they can be toxic, so a weekly pwc would keep them at safe levels providing the ammonia and nitrite stay at 0).

You can also dose Prime to the bucket of tap water and put it in, no need to let it sit out.

Thanks!! I thought it didn't need a day-phew!

you mentioned 'le sigh'..... little inquisitory me wants to know if u r on memebase?
and yeah it is old school, but thats how awesome i am to leave the bucket overnight :L
have u spoken to the lfs about the babies? x

Do you mean memebase the rage comics? Then YES lol ;) I love that site ;)

Me Tooo!!! If you like rage comics...do you like the trolling website too? Not to derail my thread ;)
Thanks again to all who posted helpful comments!!

rage-comics-hobbies.jpg

Back
Top Bottom