im new, just bought a 75 gallon tank need recomendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pelochas

Aquarium Advice Activist
just bought me a used 75 gallon saltwater glass tank. i need to do a lot of reading first before i start working on my first saltwater tank. this is a great forum.

no pump what do you recommend? i also need the rest of the stuff. the tank does come with a filter box. what do you call this. has the blue balls, a sponge filter and hoses to and from the tank. the tank also comes with white sand. previous owner just empty the tank and sold it to me with sand and it still had some saltwater. do i remove or leave as is.

thanks for all the help, pelochas

is a trickle filter also known as a sump which is also known as a wet dry filter ? i have attach a picture of what i have.

i dont have a pump. should i buy a Fluval 404 ?

Will i use the Fluval 404 to pump my trickle filter/sump/wet dry filter?

If so, how do you set up?

Also will i need to buy a protein skimmer?

Do i need power heads for water circulation?

What does "reef ready" tank means?

I am trying to build my 75 gal saltwater tank with sand, live rock, live sand, a few fish.

Also i need help on location of my tank, will a living room where my family hangs outs most of the time with the TV work better than my computer/office room. Reason i ask is that the office room has a lot of sunlight and is much warmer than the rest of the house. Also the living room has immidiate access to back yark and water hose. Office room is carpeted, living room has wood flooring.

I have been reading a lot but starting to lose focus. So far i seem to understand that there is many ways to setup a saltwater aquarium. can someone send me a few links to pictures or diagrams of what type of setup im looking forward to.

Please respond. Will be purchasing items very soon.

Attachments

• wet_dry_filter.jpg
    wet_dry_filter.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 186
Reef ready means that it is drilled in the bottom of the tank for plumbing(tubes, PVC) that leads to a wet dry filter which is what you have. You will also want water circulation for the lr. Try google for pictures, and I suggest that you read the articles found on this site. They will explain all of your questions and the nitrogen cycle. Good luck with your new tank!

thanks Konrade, Well my tank isnt Reef Ready when i bought this tank from the previous owner, he had Live Rock in it. He sold the Live Rock to someone else. Can i do a LR setup without the Reed Ready tank :?:

I still need advice on the pumps and what i need to purchase

Can i add a Fluval 404 to circulate the water to and from the Wet Dry Filter :?:

thanks, :roll:

Back
Top Bottom