I'm New

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all

um lets see i have been keeping fish in one way or another for abut 15 years now.

I am a science teacher in minnesota.

my "at home tank" is 28 gallons. it contains 3 angel fish (1 gold and 2 "wild" type) 1 tiger barb, 5 sepia tetra i blue graumi, i pleco, i ram cichlid, and 2 cory.

at school i have two tanks both 10 gallons, 1 with a adult, female albino african clawed frog and the other with a mated pair of convicts and there 4 day old fry. :lol:

JDogg said:
Hey all

um lets see i have been keeping fish in one way or another for abut 15 years now.

I am a science teacher in minnesota.

my "at home tank" is 28 gallons. it contains 3 angel fish (1 gold and 2 "wild" type) 1 tiger barb, 5 sepia tetra i blue graumi, i pleco, i ram cichlid, and 2 cory.

at school i have two tanks both 10 gallons, 1 with a adult, female albino african clawed frog and the other with a mated pair of convicts and there 4 day old fry. :lol:
this guy sure does not know much about fish... a pair of convicts in a 10 gallon 8O

i am not sure that a 28 is big enough for 3 angels and a Gourami :roll:

tiger barbs will do better in a group of at least 6 and may nip the fins of your other fish, keep an eye on the sepia tetra for the same reason. in fact i would try to trade the lone tiger barb into the lfs and get a couple more sepia tetra, IMO.

do you know what type of pleco you have, if it is a common pleco i will easily outgrow that tank.

my advice to the OP is this... move the pair of convicts to a larger tank, maybe a 25 to 30 gallon.

and perhaps trade in one of the angels, especialy if a pair forms the odd fish out could be killed.

HTH

you are off to a good start and will do just fine :wink: i see you having over 1800 posts someday 8)

ROFL!!!!! I completely agree with JD's advice. Researching your livestock prior to purchase will save in the looong run. I know, why not set up a planted tank? :)

Back
Top Bottom