I'm not dead!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ferret

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm still around folks if anyone's been wondering! Its just been hectic the past two or three weeks! So how about an update!

My 8 malawi cichlids have moved from my 75 gallon to a new 55 gallon. Its a bit tight but they should be fine for now. It has a sand substrate which they seem to love and a tropical motif (No, its far from a perfect biotope..)

The 75 gallon now hosts 13 juvi Tropheus "mawsa" that are doing just fine! They're starting to mature and get their strips, and hopefully I'll have some fry sometime in the future. They're F1 (Their parents were wild caught) so the fry will be F2, and should sell for a decent price if I can find a store that wants them (Fry are $10-$20, adults $20-$40)

Besides that, they're really cool. The 90 gallon is doing just fine as well. I need more plants in it to combat the algae (Too much light for whats in there now). No more losses have occured since bringing the temperature down and the ich stayed away. This weekend I'll probably purchase replacement fish for the 3-4 ich got.

So.. Hi. :)

Welcome back, and thanks for the update! I'd been wondering.....

I will likely be taking a hiatus myself - we are scheduled to close on the new house at the end of April, and I might be too broke to get internet service until we sell this house, LOL!

Geez, now I got Monty Python running a skit in my head--thanks a lot!

:lol: Welcome back! I'm jealous--maybe someday I can have a cool update like that instead of "my fish got caught in a rock :roll: "

Wondered where you wandered off to ferret! Glad to see all is well, if a bit hectic. Congrats on the juvies!

*looks at shawmutt*

"I feel happy!"

i always wonder where people go when they've disappeared from the board.... i mean, we all hang out here so much its hard to think about not checking in! btw, have you seen rex lately? he's been gone for a bit too! LOL starting to miss his gruffness

*sniffle* Nobody mentioned that I haven't been around much lately... :wink:

I've been back in school since January--three nights a week from 6-10pm. I go to work, go to school and then go home and to bed! So I haven't been browsing the forums as much as I would like this past few months.

I keep wondering if Gordon will ever come back :?:

Well thanks for checking in, Madame! (Oh, great master of the shrimp with the long parasitic worm inside....I refer people to your photo often :wink: )

ya Ferrets back ferrets back ferrets back.. (running around in circles like a little dog...) :)

rofl thanks guys.

I had some fun yesterday. The Emperor 400s on the oscar tank have slowly been..er. slowing :) One of them stopped pulling up water yesterday, so I took both apart, cleaned out the little hole that the magnetic portion of the propeller sits in. Hooked them back up, and flow was as good as new. Bet those oscars will be happy about that!

Argh! More time I need!

Back
Top Bottom