I'm Rgillund and I'm a Reef-a-holic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rgillund

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I thought I would formally introduce myself. I browse around a few different reef forums similar to this one and was doing a google search on something last night when I ran into this forum, so I thought what the heck maybe I'll have a look around, and maybe I can learn something, and possibly help point a couple people in the right direction.
I have a couple of different tanks and have been mainly into sps over the last 5 or so years. My wife and I had a daughter about 16 months ago so life got a little crazy! My wife wanted me to put a small reef in the baby's room and I wanted to keep that simple so I started looking at softies and lps for her tank. That's when I was bitten by the chalice bug. I have also taken a shine to favias. Surprise surprise. Since then I have cleared out a fairly large number of my sps to make room for these lovely gems from the deep in my main display! Things like Ultimate's Fruit Loops, Bubble Gum Monster, Pony's Red Water Melon, the list goes on and on haha, but I am a sucker for each and every mummy eye, and crazy named over priced booger sized frag. What can I say?
I proved to myself I could grow sps fast and full of color, I learned a LOT and had a lot of ups and downs. I am sort of bored with them to be honest. I put up a 30 gallon cube in November and put a bunch of frags in it and now I'm pulling things out because they are growing out of the tank lol. I have been pulling the sps out and trading or selling for some lps and just slowly changing it up in there. I think I will keep maybe a few sps for some contrast but try to fill that tank mostly with lps.
Anyways that is sort of an intro to me. I will post a few pictures here, but I haven't really taken any recent pictures. I think most of them are four or even more months old. But it can give an idea of some of my tanks etc.
I never posted pics like this before so here goes nothing haha. I guess I can always add some with tapatalk too.

Attachments

• RG's Favia.jpg
    RG's Favia.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Jade1.jpg
    Jade1.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Setosa Apple Berry Strawberry.jpg
    Setosa Apple Berry Strawberry.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Pot O Gold.jpg
    Pot O Gold.jpg