Impatient!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He is here!!! Gizmo my dwarf puffer made through his first night in his new home and is enjoying his breakfast of snail porridge ;-) I don't think his muma ever told him not to play with food!! Lol

image-2560759094.jpg

image-3354363444.jpg

He is here!!! Gizmo my dwarf puffer made through his first night in his new home and is enjoying his breakfast of snail porridge ;-) I don't think his muma ever told him not to play with food!! Lol

He's so cute! Love the name:) good luck with him.

So adorable! I want another one really bad and just found out my lfs got some in. But I feel like I have too many fish in the tank already and they have all been there for years and are comfortable so I don't want to add more.

So adorable! I want another one really bad and just found out my lfs got some in. But I feel like I have too many fish in the tank already and they have all been there for years and are comfortable so I don't want to add more.

Hello again, hope you don't mind but I wanted to pick your brain a little?!
I can't get my guy to eat...it's been days. My tank is going to be overrun with pond snails soon! Any tips to encourage him to eat?
I've tried bloodworms, brine shrimp, mosquito larva, normal cocktail shrimp!!!! Please help if you can, he is getting v skinny.
Think he lost his appetite because I had an nitrite spike but doing 2x daily water changes to keep it v low until cycle catches up! :-(
Do you just drop food intank or clip it to something?? Looking for anything to try!! Thanks :-/

Some are picky I dont know though! I feed mine bloodworms and snails. Also ghost shrimp but the dwarf puffer doesnt touch them. The SAP loves them lol. I'm really not sure what to do besides trying different things. Maybe the water quality could be off and making him not want to eat. Try a 50% change I suppose. (Thats the amount I change anyway because they are messy eaters)

Our pea puffer is ravenous! Won't touch flakes but attacks blood worms. Did you try putting on on a toothpick and teasing him with it?

I think he started snacking on ghost shrimp but never saw him actually get one. He can't figure out why we drop snails in the tank and the ghosties eat those up before he can.

Also, it seems harder for him to find his food if its night time. He acts spacey and misses food as the current takes it right by

From your post he sounds like he is just reacting to the instability during the fish in cycle. It should pass soon I hope

Ahhhhh!! Got lucky today, he just took 2 bloodworms from the end of my tweezers!!!! At last....have been tempting him for days. Didn't know how much longer he would last. Thanks for all help and input :)

*chuckle*

Now that would be a long trip for plants!! thanks though :) I just wish it was evening so my kids would be in bed, husband home from work.....so I can get to LFS!!!!!

:ROFLMAO: (y)

a fish freak after my own heart !

Back
Top Bottom