Import

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aaron10020

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anyone have experience importing fish to PA Specifically and know (not assume) the law. Most of what I've read statutory wise just states different regulatory agency's can and shall set these guidelines usually at a set date annually. However I can't locate and information on what these agency's have set forth as far as a species list aside for those that are blanketblankeltly banned as far as possessing period not just import or creel limits. i. e. Snakehead certain mussles/clams, and asian carp.

I'm interested in purchasing a couple young bullhead catfish as to assure proper aquarium acclaimtion.

I'm certain that Bull Head Catfish are native to PA. Your best bet would be to contact a local commercial hatchery.

Go catch it and take it home. I think catch limits on catfish are pretty much the same everywhere, you can have more than one.

Limits 50 no min size
Any idea how to target fingering catfish?
I guess minnow trap and luck lol

Never heard of anyone pulling one in their bait traps but also not something anyone would write home about

I have no idea about that. Only catch young adults and adults. Is a young cat out of the question?

I think if you were going to give this a shot with a trap you would need to know where the nests could be. Catfish keep their nests near banks and under debri on the floor of a lake. They also pick an area with low turbulence and warm temps for the eggs. So you would have to have a good knowledge of the lake you are fishing. You would have to set the trap near the nest and hope you can catch them within a couple weeks when eggs hatch and the fry begin to venture out. Seems like a hell of a challenge. Lol.

I've read it's easier to acclamate them under 4 inch don't really have any other reason for wanting a small one it dosent nesssecarly need to be too tiny though.

I'd personally try to catch one around 10-12 in. with a fishing pole and give it a shot. Lol. They are tough as hell.

Back
Top Bottom