in sump skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vsnsofadrgn

Aquarium Advice Addict
is there a good in sump skimmer for a decent price? i was lookin at the corallife super skimmer; is it any good?

I don't know much about that skimmer but I do know that one of the things you shouldn't skimp on is the skimmer you buy. I'm getting a Euro-reef for my tank. I have learned from the mistake of not having a good skimmer on my tank. How big is your tank?

ive got a 30 gal with an aqua c remora. its a great skimmer, i like it alot, but im gettin a sump and i want all the equipment hidden down there.

Well my vote is for a Euro-Reef. They are a bit costly but well worth it IMO! I would say the RS80 would be more then enough and would fit under your tank. I think they have an extruded modle that is about half the cost of the other. Just my thoughts....

I have an ASM (it's a knock off of the Euroreef) and love it. It's been working flawlessly for almost 2 years now and it's very similar to the Eurofeef, but definately cheaper (but not cheap). I bought mine from captivereefs.com and couldn't be happier.

If you look at these, though, please take note of the dimensions as they are huge in size. Just make sure you have enough room (especially height) in your sump

Well, I just looked and apparently captivereefs is now a different store (or they sold out), but I found the skimmer I would recommend for you and man, it's a lot cheaper than it used to be. Here's the link:
http://www.customaquatic.com/customaquatic/itemdetail.asp?itemid=PS-SMG-0

I have a Coralife SS 220 and i love it. The only problem is that its too tall to put in the sump under my 120g. AGA makes there stands a little short and it was like an inch short of fitting the sump, so now its hanging on the side and i actually find it working better where it is now than when i had it in the sump of my old tank. That shouldn't be a problem for you though because you have a smaller tank so you will be using a smaller model than i am.

I agree with you Dr. Nate about the ASM. I wanted one because of the cost and similarity to the Euro-Reef. I've been looking at the Euro-reef RS135 and the cost of it when compared to the comparable ASM there isn't that big of a difference and I would just rather go with the Euro-reef. My LFS has a RS-135 right next to an AMS G3X and the difference in performance is amazing. Personal preference I guess.

i dont really have to worry about height restrictions, as i custom built my stand and its 3 ft tall.

Back
Top Bottom