In the beginning...*Update* 9/20/06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jchillin said:
I screwed up my KNO3 dry mix and have been dosing warm water. :shock:

Oh no! I hope you get it figured out! I was in a hurry the other day and I mixed up my ferts. I wanted to add 2.5 ml of nitrate and instead I picked up the phosphate!!! Instead of wasting more nitrate to balance it out, I did a 50% water change and then a 25% three days later. I think I've dodged the bullet, lol!

About that lovely blue gravel - LOL - a few months ago, I removed my Estes gravel and put in Eco Complete. Although it was two 5-gallon tanks, with no fish in them at the time, it was still a pain!

i did a total swap out of my 20 gal and 2 5 gal tanks and i didnt find it to be that bad.it was a bit of a hassle and took some time but wow was it ever worht it. i actually had the exact same blue gravel that u have.... i know what blue gravel right lol... and i swapped for eco and made my tank look sooo much better. i am sure u will make the move eventually JC untill then we will all just have to keep pushing you towards the higher light lol

So, does anyone want to come over and do battle with a 75 gal? I have given doing it a lot of thought and I dread trying to accomplish that task.

In the meantime, I'm trying a revoluntionary dosing regimen of Excel combined with my CSM+B. Process began yesterday and hopefully it will address the BBA issue.

good luck with it JC i hope the dosing works. for a few bucks i would be willing to rip down and re assemble your whole tank lol to bad i dont leve anywhere even close to u.

lol i have actually been debating starting an aquarium maintence buisness in my area. some one i know offered me 200 dollars to clean her 125. just clean it lol like wipe off any algea and clean the cannister and do a water change. she has a python so it would be easy. 30 min tops lol. and then offered me another 150 to set up her 90 gal tank she has. just put in gravel, decorations, filter and water!!!

Just thought I'd post a pic of what the advice given has resulted in...thanks guys. The BBA is also in remission.

(This is a closeup...sorry):

75closeup9202006.jpg

and the full shot:

75rescape9202006.jpg

I love this tank and your rule breaking. :)

Back
Top Bottom