inbred guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
siva said:
lol you know it! I don't think I have ever once had a platy bully another sick or deformed fish but I have with guppies many times. Weird.

I agree, guppies can be surprisingly aggressive! I had to remove a molly from my guppy /molly tank because my three male guppies nearly killed it. If you do decide to add other guppies, just have a backup plan in case they don't get along.

Well he will be alone for a while I have a cichlid in the other half of the tank spitting out babies, then when she's moved my swordtails should be ready to pop. It sounds mean but I don't really have hope for lucky... I just wanted to get him out of the pet store and to a place where he will get all the tlc he needs for the remainder of his life. Who knows maybe a couple weeks or months. They gave me him so I'm not invested into this fish living. But I feel every animal even fish deserve a fighting chance.

Newfishlover07 said:
Well he will be alone for a while I have a cichlid in the other half of the tank spitting out babies, then when she's moved my swordtails should be ready to pop. It sounds mean but I don't really have hope for lucky... I just wanted to get him out of the pet store and to a place where he will get all the tlc he needs for the remainder of his life. Who knows maybe a couple weeks or months. They gave me him so I'm not invested into this fish living. But I feel every animal even fish deserve a fighting chance.

I'm glad you're taking good care of him for the remainder of his life. I feel the same way. I found a half dead finch outside whose eyes seemed to be disintegrating. I don't know what was wrong with him, but I just took care of it the best I could for the last ten days of its life. I just couldn't leave him out in the snow :(

I never really liked the look of cories. I was thinking a frog or two would be ok but I need to make sure my fry will have enough room until we get space for our other tank. We will have a batch of American cichlid fry and two swordtail fry batches. They will stay in the tank together and we will see who makes it to the main tank and who doesn't make it at all. If I tried to save every fry I'd have 300+ fish lol

+1 for corys. Theyre my fav fish and have characters to match, they are without question an intelligent fish. Love them to bit. Its strange how they grow on you becuase i wasnt the keen on them to start with and now i think theyre the coolest fish in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom