Inches of fish should equal tank size??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't put mollies of any kind in a 10 gallon. They produce lots of waste relative to their size and really need more room to swim than what a 10 gallon affords them. The tank is fully stocked IMO.

As an aside, I wanted to let you know how balloon fish are created so you can make an informed decision on whether you want to keep any in the future. Balloon fish are created from selectively breeding short bodied (deformed) fish together to exaggerate the deformity. This is a lot different to me than selective breeding to create color variants. The balloon bodied fish typically have more trouble swimming, are more susceptible to disease, and often have a shorter lifespan than their non-short bodied counterparts. It's basically a way that breeders/wholesalers have been able to make money off fish that should have been culls. I find it unethical, but that is JMO.

Hmmm that is an icky thing to do..I did not know that when I got mine. Their swimming does look a bit akward.

That's what is even worse about them really. The mother or pups can die during birth because of it, so it's actually the responsible owner who has their dog given a c section. Very sad.

IMO, animals like this are not going to disapear any time soon, so i am not apposed to getting them and taking care of them. I have a balloon molly and will continue to take care and enjoy her. If there was a chance of them going away though I would think differently.

I am going to get a fish of some sort no matter what. My tank seems empty. I need a mid level swimmer. So what fish do you recommend? I didn't ask if you think I should get another fish or not.

You asked for stocking recommendations. You were given stocking recommendations. If you are going to add fish regardless of the advice you receive, why ask for advice?

I am going to get a fish of some sort no matter what. My tank seems empty. I need a mid level swimmer. So what fish do you recommend? I didn't ask if you think I should get another fish or not.

Well that's rude. You asked what fish we recommend. Multiple people agreed it's fully-stocked so there's nothing to recommend. If you want bad advice just to please you ask someone else. Sorry.

severum mama said:
You asked for stocking recommendations. You were given stocking recommendations. If you are going to add fish regardless of the advice you receive, why ask for advice?

Uh huh. We were giving you our advice. No need to get snippy. If you're going to do something regardless of what we tell you, don't ask for our advice.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

I'm sorry. I should've said that I was going to get another fish in the opening post thing instead of saying it then. I didn't mean to be offensive. :(

Back
Top Bottom