Incompatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Labenator65000

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Uh, yeah. A while back I recommended that a Rainbow Shark was compatible with Malawis. I would like to rescind this recommendation. I recently found my beloved RS decapitated and eviscerated in the midst of a bunch of very guilty looking Mbunas and Peacocks. I have no idea who the culprit was. He coexisted peacefully for several months. Apparently he cheesed someone off.

It's all good. I took a chance and it didn't work out for me this time. I guess I'll have to shell out the extra cash for a Synodontis to play it safe(er). Maybe I'll get Nigriventris (Upside Down Catfish) to serve as a protein skimmer until I get around to getting my sump built (jk) ;)

Can Synodontis live singularly or is it recommended to have 3 or more, etc? Is the upside down catfish suitable to go with "peaceful" Mbunas/Peacocks?

My friend has had his with mbuna for several years
Most we've seen is the occasional chase
Guessing yours tried to take someone's turf?

Labenator65000 said:
It's all good. I took a chance and it didn't work out for me this time. I guess I'll have to shell out the extra cash for a Synodontis to play it safe(er). Maybe I'll get Nigriventris (Upside Down Catfish) to serve as a protein skimmer until I get around to getting my sump built (jk) ;)

Can Synodontis live singularly or is it recommended to have 3 or more, etc? Is the upside down catfish suitable to go with "peaceful" Mbunas/Peacocks?

I have 8 syno petricola with my mbuna. They get along very well.

OBEYtheFISH said:
My friend has had his with mbuna for several years
Most we've seen is the occasional chase
Guessing yours tried to take someone's turf?

I dunno. He used to go in and out of the Johanni's territory even with the Johannii in there completely unharassed, and that is my worst-tempered inhabitant. I've got a number of juvies that are coming of age. I think his noodle-like shape was just too much for some carnivore/omnivore to resist.

Back
Top Bottom