Incredibly resilient pond snails.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clayman

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently trimmed the anacharis that had grown to 6 ft long in my pond. I brought it inside to put in a 20g with 1 betta in it. When I brought it in the house, I rinsed it under the tap, dipped it in a diluted bleach solution and rinsed it again, then soaked it in extra dechlorinated water overnight. Dropped it in the tank to float the next day. Today I discovered a few pond snails in the tank. This is the only thing I've added in months. How did the snails/eggs survive the bleach and rinsing?

My theory is being from "the wild" aka outside. Theyre used to a crazy range of intangables, and elemental changes. Odds are theyve run across worse than that before they found the paradise of your pond. Just my humble theory, as ive had snails from my pond plants endure similar things. But not one from an aquarium going through that regimen.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I know. The reason I did that whole process was because I saw a lot of snails in the pond so I figured I would nuke them before I transferred them. Oh well, assassins if I get tired of them.

Yup.... Love my wood grain shelled mercenaries. They work for food.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

yoyo loach should decimate them. I used one for my MTS and it was great. Be care ful with them cause he lasted a month in my tank because I treated with prazipro and he couldnt even take that (even tho many people online said prazipro is super light weight).
I was actually devstated watching the poor little guy waste away.
Either way a week later and I saw a MTS on my glass and Im off to get another yoyo.... they are awesome. The meds should all be out of the tank now.

I had these snails survive 4.0ppm ammonia in a cycling tank. It's amazing how tough they are

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom