Infertile???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sidgolding

Aquarium Advice Activist
have 4 Molly's 1 make 3 females and 2 of them are regularly baby machines but I have one White one that never seems to be pregnant. Not that I want them all giving out babies like there is no tomorrow but just wondering if there is a reason... She is pure white, could she be infertile?

It is certainly possible! Infertility could be caused by inbreeding. Or maybe the male just doesn't want to mate with her. Have you seen him trying to?

Never she seems like a bit of a loner tbh. She is never picked on from I have seen but most of time she is chilling on her. The other 3 are forever chasing each other and stuff. She is in good health as are all my fish.

Well then I wouldn't worry maybe the male thinks she's a male?? I'm not sure I never experienced live bearers that didn't want to mate !! Haha

I'm going to pull the male out soon as I want to stop the breeding as I want to get more fish. And with young in the tank they generate a lot of ammonia. So want to give the females a good bit of time to clear out their sperm stores.

Back
Top Bottom