info and breeding please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m013y

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently bought a tank to raise some fish. I have 6 bn plecs which im hoping to breed soon and two sailfin mollies... the mollies have had babies and they seem to b getting along with the plecs and no casualtys yet.

Ive taken out the parents coz i bielive them to have no parental skills and worried they may eat the fry.

So in my current tank i have the fry and plecs... would it b possible to put in other breeding pair of some sort that would breed succsefully without bothering the fry or the plecs that are already in there?

Preferbly something pretty/profitable. Any comments appreciated... thankyou

i breed my plecos in a seperate tank but u can put just about any live breeding fish with them except cichlids.

Before I can really suggest anything I need to know some more information.

What size tank?
Planted?
Size of BN Plecos?
How long have you been breeding?
What difficulty of breeding are you willing to do?

You were right to remove the parents. They will eat the fry given the chance.

When I get that info I can properly help you :)

Predfan27 said:
Before I can really suggest anything I need to know some more information.

What size tank?
Planted?
Size of BN Plecos?
How long have you been breeding?
What difficulty of breeding are you willing to do?

You were right to remove the parents. They will eat the fry given the chance.

When I get that info I can properly help you :)

Its about 180ltrs.
There is live plants.
The plecs are still young none have bristles yet, they obviously have a while to go and this is my first go at it. Although ive managed to raise swordtails and yellow labs before in my personal tank. And ive been involved with a friends japense fighters. Tbh im willing to try anything,,,

,,, just wonderd if i could use this space to house another mating pair? or move the fry? or just leave it as it is.

Thnkyu

Back
Top Bottom