Information on guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sjones88

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have been keeping guppies for the past 10 months and I am having a number of them dying. I regularly change the water % but they still seem to be dying can anyone provide some advice.

Hi, and welcome. This is the wrong forum for this question so a Moderator will probably move it to the correct forum. In the meantime can you tell me more information on the tank?

--what size tank?
--how many guppies do you have in the tank?
--have you tested the water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate?
--What do you feed and how often?
--What is your water change schedule (how much and how often)?

It's a 60gl tank with 7 guppies in one of which is male. I change the water weekly and change around 20% of the water. I have not checked the ph as I'm not sure as to what is a good level for guppies

20% weekly is not much of a water change, you should up it to 50%.

What are you readings for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, as asked above.

Moved to FW and Brackish- Unhealthy Fish.

Do you have anything else in the tank with the 7 guppies? A 20% water change is more than sufficient if your bioload is that small in a 60 gallon tank.

Just doing water changes is not enough to keep fish alive. You have to feed them too. :lol::hide: Just joking.

Are you on well or city water and do you use a water conditioner/dechlorinator? Which one?

Do you see little white specks on them?
Does their poo look normal or do they have long stringy white poo?
:fish1:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom