Inhabitants for 3.5 gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weez

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all, this is my first post on this site! I recently got a male betta (my first fish!) who is living in my 3.5 gallon tank with a couple of anubias plants. It has a filter that hangs off the back with just the right amount of flow for a betta. They're all super healthy.

I am, however, planning on moving my betta to a 10 gallon tank by Autumn so I can buy a safe heater (I've been told by my local fish store staff that heaters for smaller tanks can be unstable and dangerous). Once that happens, I'd like to put something new in the 3.5 gallon tank. If that's not a plausible option, I'll just keep growing my anubias plants in there. I would really like if I could add shrimp, snails, or something else, though. What would you guys recommend for a 3.5 gallon tank?

Hi - Welcome!

Was thinking the same. Snails can actually produce a lot of waste so would be thinking more on shrimp here. Not to say snails can't be done (before the snail people get me lol), but would think more work on cleaning. Not sure why a small heater would be unstable though.

I haven’t had any problems with my heater in a 2 gallon. It’s a marina betta heater I’m pretty sure

Thank you to all of you for your advice.
To Delapool - That is good to know about snails. I think the logic behind the heater issue was that most smaller heaters would cost less/be made cheaper (for the sole reason that it is smaller), and you get what you pay for and all that.
To Dumbo the Fish - I will definitely look into that kind of filter online.
Thanks again for the help.

Back
Top Bottom