Inherriting 40gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scouser

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys! My cousin is givin up on his tanks (15 gal and 40gal) and is giving them to me, which my gf is super happy about :p

Anyways, the 40gal is stocked with 2 tiger oscars, 2 piranha and a pleco (assuming common).

I have no experience with any of these fish.

Help?!

Well all of those are fish that need a much bigger tank. Your are currently at 230% stock I would suggest rehoming all of them and starting over

Note: Common Pleco needs driftwood.
Warning: Common Pleco is not recommended for your tank - it may eventually outgrow your tank space, potentially reaching up to 18 inches.

Note: Red Bellied Piranha should not be kept in pairs due to aggression. Either single or more than 2 are ok.

Warning: Red Bellied Piranha is not recommended for your tank - it may eventually outgrow your tank space, potentially reaching up to 12 inches.

Warning: At least 3 x Red Bellied Piranha are recommended in a group.

Warning: Red Bellied Piranha is not recommended to be with Common Pleco - other species will likely to become food..</B>

Warning: Red Bellied Piranha is not recommended to be with Tiger Oscar - other species will likely to become food..</B>

Note: Tiger Oscar may jump - lids are recommended.

Warning: Tiger Oscar is not recommended for your tank - it may eventually outgrow your tank space, potentially reaching up to 14 inches.

Warning: Your selected species may eventually require 492% of your aquarium space. You may need to deal with territorial aggressions later on. Try removing some of (Pterygoplichthys pardalis, Pygocentrus nattereri, Astronotus ocellatus) or get a larger tank.

Back
Top Bottom