Injured goldfish not healing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

appleofjustice

Aquarium Advice Newbie
afternoon all :)

bit of an issue with one of my goldies, one of the first i got had him for around a year and a half now, hes in a 200litre tank with 4 other goldfish and a golden weather loach.

he has a habit of trying to wedge himself in places so he doesnt have to swim, think hes lazy maybe? was worried he was getting stuck at first but as soon as i come over to tank he would wiggle out and come to the front to beg for food.

twice though he has had a cut on his right side of his belly, same place both times which I assumed was from him leaning on stuff/ wedging himself in, so I removed all decor from tank to stop this. both time the cut healed very quickly though.

Nowa days with no ornaments he sits on top of my filter pipe, is a large external filter with a pipe that runs along the top inside my with multiple hole let water out so he sits on that now.

Anywho about 2 weeks ago that cut appeared on his side again in the same place, not sure what could have caused it as mentioned nothing in tank for him to hurt himself on, but its been 2 weeks now and its not healing, in fact it looks worse, originally just a red gash but now its very raised, looks kind like the scales around it are sticking out now and has gone a bit white in placed, anyone have any clues what could be causing this and the lack of healing? If it would help I can scoop him up so I can get a picture?

should mention i have been dosing water with API MELAFIX Freshwater Fish Bacterial Infection Remedy to try and stop him from getting an infection as well

A picture would help but you don’t need to stress him out more by picking him up. Just take one through the glass.

How big are all the fish and how long have they all been in there. Any new additions lately? do you have water tests and if so what kind and what are the results. Goldies are big waste producers so we need to rule out things like ammonia/nitrite triggering a problem first.

A picture would help but you don’t need to stress him out more by picking him up. Just take one through the glass.

How big are all the fish and how long have they all been in there. Any new additions lately? do you have water tests and if so what kind and what are the results. Goldies are big waste producers so we need to rule out things like ammonia/nitrite triggering a problem first.

did my best to get a picture through the glass but my cameras not the best quality :S

so hes been in there longest and is the 2nd biggest, about 8cm in length, stuck a ruler up to tank and tried my best.

also have a telescope eye whos my biggest at 10cm he was added 3 months ago along with the weather loach

the others are about 7cm 7cm and 5cm and have been in for probably 9 months

I test water regularly and havnt seen any spikes or issues, just done another test and the resluts are as follows
ammonia- looks like its between 0pp, and 0.25ppm
nirate-0ppm
nirtite- 0ppm
ph-7

213722083_802674243749732_7280927897739776238_n.jpg

213241347_341450664057747_6420900353933718250_n.jpg

213668641_325953942507689_7857663149056531137_n.jpg

So sorry about your Goldie! You should place him in a quarantine tank so the other goldfish don’t get needlessly medicated or infected (if it gets worse) Also, your Goldfish sitting on top of the filter pipe is kind of weird, could you post a picture of the filter? It could be the cause of the wounds in your goldfish.

Back
Top Bottom