Injured Tiger Barb Gill From Fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puddlebiker

Aquarium Advice Newbie
About three weeks ago I caught my Tiger Barbs fighting and found that the gill flap on one of them was sticking out and exposing the gill as if it was an injury from the fight. I have since removed this fish from the rest of the barbs and placed it in another tank with Danios and Rummynoses. The gill hasn't been showing any real sign of improvement, but the fish is swimming strong and seemingly happy. I was curious if the fish could be reintrocuced into the Tiger Barb tank so I tried, but it wasn't long before they started fighting again (within a half hour). I don't have the heart to let them fight to the death, but at the same time I don't want the lone Tiger getting bored in the other tank and picking on the Rummynoses. Has anybody experienced this kind of injury and does anyone have any win win recommendations?

33 Gal - 7 Tigers, 1 Pleco, Planted
20 Gal - 4 Danios, 6 Rummynose, 2 Otos, 1 injured Tiger, Planted

If anyone would like this injured Barb, and lives near Vancouver, I would be happy to give her (maybe a him) to a happy home.

Back
Top Bottom