Injured :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

britsmith9211

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 2" female blue acara with some bad injuries. She was picked on pretty bad by the male (now separated). She's missing some of her tail, dorsal fin is chewed up and one of her side fins won't move. I added some stress coat to the tank.
How often should I put it in and is there anything else I can do??

I've only added stress coat at the start when I saw fin damage (some for, some against - I thought it made a difference but the main thing was water changes). The fin damage I had doesn't sound as bad as you have.

Water changes to have clean water, a quiet tank (I tend to QT now), slow water flow so not stressed and good quality food. Hopefully heal up.

I've only added stress coat at the start when I saw fin damage (some for, some against - I thought it made a difference but the main thing was water changes). The fin damage I had doesn't sound as bad as you have.

Water changes to have clean water, a quiet tank (I tend to QT now), slow water flow so not stressed and good quality food. Hopefully heal up.

100% with Dela. WC's will turn things around and the more the better, IMO. I use stress coat and stress zyme religiously with no ill effects.

Melafix helps regrow fins. I've used that a lot, especially in my growing all male tank.

Back
Top Bottom