inline heater 5 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZxC

Aquarium Advice Addict
As the title states I want my in-tank heater OUT of my 5 gallon. I was going to run a small eheim with a CO2 reactor and was wondering if i could run my 200 watt hydor inline heater, or if anyone has done so.

While obviously overkill for a 5g, in theory it should work and won't run very often. The only thing I would be concerned about and can't find any information on it, would be any type of minimum flow rate.

For example, I run a ETH 300 on my Fluval 406 in my 75g.

While obviously overkill for a 5g, in theory it should work and won't run very often. The only thing I would be concerned about and can't find any information on it, would be any type of minimum flow rate.

For example, I run a ETH 300 on my Fluval 406 in my 75g.

I'll likely have to do some digging to see if there is a minimum flow rate for it. I had it running on my 20 long with an old school marine land magnum 220 with no issues. It's not like I'm going out to buy one brand new, it's just sitting in my basement box full of fish tank gear, which is why I ask.

I wonder when a manufacturer will realize there is a market for smaller inline heaters.

DIY is an option, but I would don't like running risks of leaks, even though I know I can build one properly.

Back
Top Bottom