Instant krazy glue advanced no-run gel formula reef safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TigerBarbs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bumped my birdsnest while blasting my rock of detritus before a water change. Due to a cruddy dragging job, the coral came off the plug. Is instant krazy glue advanced no run gel formula reef safe? If not what is? The ingredients are cyanoacrylate glue and cyanoacetate. I've heard the first is safe but unsure bout the second

I would avoid cyanoacetate because if it breaks down in the curing process, that's no bueno. Try for plain superglue or superglue gel with no "advanced" or "formula" in the name.

Let's say the only active ingredient should be cyanoacrylate. There are usually some inert ingredients that aren't even listed, mostly thickening agents, but for the most part they are of little concern. But any time you see more than one chemical name listed, you need to know the properties of each one.
On the bright side, superglue is pretty cheap.
Short answer: Cyanoacrylate should be the only chemical that it mentions at all. If it's worth mentioning on the package, that means it has some chemical property the consumer legally should be able to investigate.

The regular krazy glue says nothing but cyanoacrylate so it's okay right

Should be! I've used a couple different brands, including grocery store generic, no ill effects. I just make sure it only lists cyanoacrylate.

Back
Top Bottom