Interesting antics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fireman26m

Aquarium Advice Freak
The past couple of days I've noticed some very peculiar antics happening in the tank. My wife and I have a usual routine of sitting on the bed every night after the kids are asleep to feed and watch the tank and talk for an hour or so.

We have 2 Osc. Clowns and a CBS in the tank. The clowns are usually right up front being their usual goofy selves trying to convince me they are starving. The CBS is usually just hanging out on the underside of a rock shelf up top.

After dropping the food in the clowns did their usual darting around to get the food but the CBS came right out front on the sand ...unusual. The clowns see this and immediately swim down and investigate. One decides to try and annoy the CBS by swimming up and just floating into his antenna. After 10mins or so the CBS gets rightly annoyed and surprising reaches out and grabs the clown by the fin! The clown seems not the least bit worried and proceeds to let the CBS drag him around the tank for 5mins. The CBS let go and returned to his place under the rock.

We're laughing and thinking that was great that we got to see it. But wait....there's more.

Now, the clown has decided that he enjoyed it so much that anytime we stop and look inside the tank he swims over to the CBS and floats toward him with his fin outstretched trying to get him to grab him again! And the CBS always does!

It doesn't seem to bother the clown and the CBS doesn't seem stressed at all, so I'm not concerned. I've seen clowns do some strange/silly stuff but this just takes the cake!

I keep forgetting to pic up some new batteries for the camera because this is going on video. We also have a blue leg hermit that waits at the bottom at feeding time for the nassarius snails to come out of the sand and proceeds to run around and flip them all over, then climbs to the top of the tank. Does nothing else but flip em one after the other then hightails it up the rocks. Who needs TV with this kind of entertainment?

With the clown, sounds pretty interesting. As for the hermit, sounds like he wants a new shell. If there aren't spare shells in there for him, he will kill a snail for a shell.

You NEED to get A video of a creature making its own amusement park ride! Clownfish are nutty but this? I would pay to see it. Ok well just make sure that none of your snails are missing. Blue legged crabs are more aggressive than red legged from what people have said.

The hermit has a new shell and there are several dozen empties scattered around. He climbs on there backs and hangs til they flip over and then runs away.

Makes me want to get a CBS and see if he will do the same thing to my clowns once i get them. Do CBS eat other inverts?

The clown thinks he is going to get cleaned! All the fish in my tank approach my CBS the same way hoping for a quick cleaning. My lawnmower blenny stands vertical in his face for extended periods of time. Every now and then the CBS will actually clean but not often.

Back
Top Bottom