Internal bacteria potential issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em1981ma

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi

One of my calico fantails has had a few swim bladder issues in the past , she floats up to surface after meals. I have stabilised this my feeding more veggies and the quality of her life is v good. But I have also noticed that her pooh is often stringy. I have treated tank in the past with anti internal bacteria from interpret. This is a water treatment medication. All my other 5 Goldies are fine no swim bladder or toilet issues. They are in a 119gallon tank (465litre) , water parameters are checked weekly with api. All good stats, established tank. I feed sinking pellets soaked before hand. A variety of veg mostly green veg peas, broccoli, cabbage, spinach. Almost daily now.

I'm just wondering can she go on like this indefinitely or is there another treatment I could use as I suspect an internal bacteria problem due to the stringy white pooh.

Cheers please someone reply.

Emma

Sent from my Harrier Mini from EE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Being that your in the UK its impossible for me to reccomend meds that if I know what you have avaliable. Hope someone else could for you.

Thanks . I'm thinking bout leaving this forum and trying another. It's often like talking to yourself on here. Barely worth asking for advice

Sent from my Harrier Mini from EE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

emma, i have tons of advice for you. Just ask. Just because you cant get a certain medicine in the UK dosent mean you cant get ideas or more knowledge about fish. No reason to leave. IDK why some times people don't answer you. I think its rude, and shame on them. My inlaws do it to me, walk away and say nothing to me when im talking to them....and it makes me mad as hell. There are just lots of rude selfish people out there, they could at least say "i dont know" or something, but they think it makes them better than you to not say anything. I have never been like that, no matter how annoying or dumb i find someone, i still talk to them. Some people have alot of mental problems but kind hearts, and its no reason to ignore or be mean to someone. I know because it runs in my family! and it stinks!
Sine you live in the UK, i reccomend trying the antibacterial and antiparasite food options or whatever chemicals you can get your hands on like primafix and melafix.
Its worth it to find the best quality fish, food, and give them the best quality of water and care that you can so problems are less likely to arise.
Its also worth it to find fish that are attractive to you but also hardy. In another words stay away from guppies or other small fish or fancy bred fish that have been heavily inbreed and raised in sterile conditions for too many generations, once we take that away from a fish, survival of the fittest no longer applies which is why we see so many problems with sick fish. Wish you the best whatever you decide.

Back
Top Bottom