Internal Cannister Filters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beatking

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone here use internal cannister filters such as Fluval U series or MarineLand filters? What are the pro and cons of these filters? Do they filter on par with HOB filters? Thank you

Steve

I'll start you off by mentioning that internal filters waste some serious tank real estate. You can mount the largest filter you desire on the outside, with just the intake tube on the inside. I personally like to disguise the amount of visible life support in a tank.

Also, an external filter box lets you layer different mediums, a feature that is made difficult in most internal filters. Also remember, you need to clean this stuff off/out sometimes. It's better all around to have most of it on the outside and accessible, rather than rummaging in the water to remove an internal filter.

Does anyone here use internal cannister filters such as Fluval U series or MarineLand filters? What are the pro and cons of these filters? Do they filter on par with HOB filters? Thank you

Steve

it stays a personal choice after all

Jarred. thank you. I agree that they take up valuable space. I'm going with my Tidal HOB 55 filter along with two medium sponge filters.
p.s. My other internal cannister filter can be filled with whatever media you could want.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom