interruptus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcurlacher54

Aquarium Advice Freak
after going back to the store and looking at it more, i went ahead and purchased it, after googling ive decided that it is an interruptus...it has horizontal lines like a johanni but vertical lines that run into the horizontals also. so im pretty sure its a interruptus..he was too cool looking to pass up. :fish2:

Are you looking for a correct id? Or just decided to post your happy new fish. Lol im a little confused. Lol but if looking for an id a pics would help

sorry, i will post a pic later. i posted earlier that i thought it was a demasoni, so i reposted that i now think its an interruptus..still not 100% sure though. could be a hybrid for all i know, but like i said it was too cool looking to pass up. i dont sell or give away fish so if he is a hybrid it wont hurt anyone besides me.

How large is this fish? Sometimes m. cyaneorhabdos and m. johanni can be found with significant stripe imperfections. M. interruptus can be a less common fish to find.

Like m. johanni, m. interruptus also begin life as yellow fish and the males undergo a color transition as they mature (that's why I inquired about the size of this fish).

its ok, i was just wondering what it was. i couldnt leave it in the store either way, i needed a little more blue in the tank and it was too nice to pass up.

Back
Top Bottom