Introducing anenome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 8X54 watt T5's and my NEM is not bleached. The picture doesn't do it justice. I'll try and get a better picture.

sorry but everything in your picture has color except you nem, it is bleached, I under stand that you do not want to hear that but it is what it is. I have raised nems and sold many for 7 years, just giving you my opinion. You cant take a pict and have everything in color except the nem and say it is not bleached. Trying to help but you dont want to hear it, so leaving the conversation

I agree that the Nem looks bleached but I don't think you have to have MH or high end LED's. My nem is not bleached and sits under 6x54w Ho T5's in a 55g. I also agree that anem will split due to stress and because its trying to save it self. But, mine is about 14" and has never split in the 6 years I have had it.

I'd say it is stressed from being fed or just simply being under that ledge. I had a gbta that basically wanted to kill himself by staying under a rock. They don't have a brain remember. In terms of feeding, you don't have to feed them. When I first got one I was told not to feed it because it can actually take more energy for an anemone to process food than it takes out of it depending on the size of food it is trying to consume. I agree with being able to keep an anemone under 6bulb t5ho, I would just try to get it to move from the spot it is in since it isn't doing so well where it is at.

I say, relax and give it time to acclimate. I don't think it's in any real danger right now. feed it a couple times a week if you like and let it get settled in.

if you are buying your water from some one I would also test the TDS before adding salt and that will tell you if the filters and membrane have been or need to be changed

Last edited:
Brown is better than white. I think it looks better. If it doesn't have a large amount of zooxanthellae (this is what makes up the color and feeds the anemone) it will benefit from target feeding small pieces of meaty foods.

Back
Top Bottom