Introducing fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

apinkmanatee

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 65 gal fowlr. It only has 2 clownfish in it right now. The next fish on my list is a royal gramma, and after that, 3 blue chromis. I have my qt tank all ready to go, but I've been having a hard time finding the royal gramma. LiveAquaria just got some in, but they have the $30 minimum requirement for orders. I was wondering if it would be ok to get the gramma and the three blue chromis, and introduce them into the tank at the same time? My qt tank is 15 gal. What do you guys think? Thanks.

How long has tank been up? How long has it been cycled? Adding 4 fish all at once might be asking for trouble, especially if its only a month or 2 old.

The sw tank has been cycled and running for about 8 months. The qt tank has been cycled for about 2 months.

The sw tank has been cycled and running for about 8 months. The qt tank has been cycled for about 2 months.

In that case, I would order them all. They'll probably all be pretty small anyways. I added 3 small chromis at once a while back and didn't have any issues. I would just check the ammo, trite and Trates daily for a couple weeks and do PWCs if they increase. :)

Ooh really? So you don't think the chromis will gang up on the gramma or anything? Thanks for the help :)

Ooh really? So you don't think the chromis will gang up on the gramma or anything? Thanks for the help :)
I've had chroises and a gramma together and didn't have a problem grammas can be a little territorial too if you have any doubts put the gramma in the tank first before introducing the chromis

I have chromis and a gramma and they're fine. My chromis were put in way before the gramma, and no one picks on anyone else. Grammas aren't wimpy- they can stand up for themselves.

Thanks for the help. They are in the qt and doing great! Just two more weeks until we move to the big tank. Can't wait!!

Back
Top Bottom