Introducing myself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sanpam

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi my name is Sanpam,
I am 50 years old and have been an aquarium owner most of my adult life. I love them because if it being so relaxing to look at and to have.
I recently downgraded from a 20g tank to a 6.5g tank. It has been very frustrating to keep the PH level stable I guess due to its smaller size.
I am looking to be able to keep this aquarium with fish but it has has its share of challenge.
Please advise me in what type of fish will be about to thrive in a tank that has a PH level of 6.4-6.8?
Thank you.

Angelfish get too big for a 6.5 gallon tank. Have you considered making it a Betta tank or possibly a shrimp tank?

Welcome!

6.5 gallon limits your options( no angels), and many will argue over those options.

I keep pygmy corys and Endlers with rcs in my ten, but corys require a group.

Welcome!

6.5 gallon limits your options( no angels), and many will argue over those options.

I thought he still had the 20 my bad

Welcome!

You said you keep red crystal shrimp.. are they hard to breed? Because I heard u could get somewhat good money from breeding em

Red cherry shrimp are what I have, most fish, inverts, or plants are hard to make $, usually just get some $ to further addiction!

Not to discourage you, but breeding not ususlly a money making proposition, but can be done.

Usually requires large commitment to difficult species, everyone can grow/breed livebearers, easy plants, red cherry shrimp, etc.

Back
Top Bottom