Introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone know what these eggs are? I have mollies guppies one glofish cherry,bamboo and ghost shrimp and a few small snails that hitch hikers on some duck weed. Found thes eggs today never seen anything like themImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416537718.543104.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Does anyone know what these eggs are? I have mollies guppies one glofish cherry,bamboo and ghost shrimp and a few small snails that hitch hikers on some duck weed. Found thes eggs today never seen anything like themView attachment 256254

Most likely hitchhiker/pond snail eggs.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I am setting up a new account. I have 3 freshwater tanks, and I am looking forward to talking to some of you!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hello everyone! I have a 75 gal. tank with a small Southern painted turtle, 2 Fiddler crabs, 2 Mystery snails, 3 Emerald Cory catfish, 3 Pictus catfish, 3 Tetras and a Loach. I had also put 8 Ghost Shrimp in the tank when I set it up, but I'm not sure how many there are now because the turtle has probably eaten a couple of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advise

Hello all!

As you can see I'm new to this.

I'd like to start by saying ive got a 29 gallon biocube. This is a new tank set up about 3-4 weeks up. I went from a rimless 50 gallon that was my first large saltwater tank. That was only up for 6 months and I had to move so I took it down.

Now with my biocube I'm already having some issues so any help would be great. My LFS has been helping but kinda seems to be just trying to get money out of me.

I have a large nitrate problem. I used the sand from my previous tank and it seems to have carried a lot of nitrates to this tank. I've been doing water changes however that hasn't done much. I need to get these down so that I can get a clean up crew in there. Anyone with suggestions please feel free! It would be appreciated! Nice to meet you all! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417578506.436485.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417578524.211295.jpg

Hi all, I'm new to the site. I have had fish tanks for as long as I can remember, but I just got back into them in the last year after I graduated college. I have 2 freshwater tanks, a 55 gallon and a 36 gallon bowfront. The 55 gallon tank has 2 marbled angelfish, 2 blue gouramis, 5 tiger barbs, 6 rosy barbs, 1 bala shark and pleco. The 36 gallon tank has 3 male guppies, 2 black mollies, 2 mickey mouse platys and 2 green corys.

Two things I would like to try and would love advice or the right thread to read is breeding fish and using real plants. I like the look of real plants, but from ease of care and price have stuck with fake, but I'm willing to learn and try something new.

Hello everyone. I am new to salt water and new to the group. I have a 100 gallon salt water and have had it running for almost one year. I have LED lighting, about 90 pounds of live rock and 80 pounds of live sand. I am running a marine land C 360 filtration system. I have a skimmer and one power head in the aquarium. I have not had a lot of success with soft corals, but I do have some frog spawn that is doing well. There is also a mushroom in there, but it came off of the pedestal that it was on and is lying in the sand back under the rock. I have an emerald crab as well as strawberry crab, along with several hermit crabs and snails. The fish population at this time consists of two clown fish, a yellow tang, and a fox face rabbit fish. I would really like more coral in my tank, but would love advice on how to proceed.

Hi all and happy new year. First time using this site. Looks amazing full of great picture and helpful advice.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420116488.328367.jpg

New tank. 125l, fully cycled then just added 9 red platties, wondering what to add next????

My name is John. I have always had an aquarium but always just kinda winged it. Buy a tank throw some fish in it and generally not have a clue what was going wrong. Recently I decided to start the hobby back up again and after some research I noticed all the mistakes I have made in the past. So I became a member to get advice and to talk with people who share my love of aquariums.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420172802.451943.jpg

Hello everyone! I'm new and never done a fish forum but I'm very interested in learning new things. My cousin got a fish one day and wanted me to have one as well so I thought "what the heck I'll give it a try!" My first fish was a Black Moor Goldfish. Cute little guy his name was Wilbur. After a week he died from the dreaded "ick". I decided to get some goldfish and payed low for a while. After some time I realized how much interest I had in fish and after research bought a 45g tank. Then a 10 gallon after that. It's sort of turned into an obsession. I love all 22 of my fish and I'm going to be getting a 75 gallon tank sometime soon.

THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT:
1. Brown algae. It has set itself up in my 45g tank and I'm not sure what to do with it. Water is crystal clear and as far as I know all levels are normal.
2. Live Plants. I have seen more than enough beautiful aquariums with live plants and driftwood. I understand the process of adding driftwood but I really know hardly anything about how to care for plants besides they need to get CO2 somehow. If someone would like to give me a tutorial on basic care for live plants and suggestions for beginners that would be greatly appreciated.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420847778.525270.jpg this first one is Wilbur the Black Moor who got the ick. I really knew almost nothing at the time.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420847845.414006.jpg (2nd pic)10 gallon housing 5 tiger barbs. The small tank held Wilbur. It has since been cleaned and restocked with 2 guppies(girlfriend loves them) and a Cory cat.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420848145.706354.jpg (3rd pic guppies)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420847925.286974.jpg (4th pic) the tiger barbs

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420847959.990216.jpg (5th pic) last but not least my 45g tank. Houses 5 white skirt tetras 5 black minnow tetras 1 clown pleco 1 Red Tailed Shark and 1 Golden Dojo Loach.

Hey guys. New reefer with a biopsychology degree. Really excited that My tank is on its way finally ! Need a lot more equipment but I'm still excited. Love this site!

HerImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421282862.310611.jpg
Here's a photo of my tank!!

40 gallon
1x leopard ctenopoma
1x albino bichir
1x leopard pleco
With live plants in the tank

75 gallon native tank
5 pumpkin seed sunfish
1 red crayfish
1 spotted bass

Hi all I'm new here' here is my 5ft 1st marine tank. ?. Look foreword to seeing yoursImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421425691.008217.jpg

Hello I have always had a fascination with aquatic life and have finally been able to start on the aquarium hobby this year when I got my first place.

I have two tanks setup currently. A 30 gallon planted tank with an Albino Rainbow Shark, 4 various cichlids, 4 Cory cats, and a Chinese algae eater. My other tank is a 20 gallon with 9 guppies, dwarf gourami, 4 Cory cats, and various shrimp.

I look forward to expanding and eventually running saltwater with live coral someday, but no rush.

Back
Top Bottom