Invertebrates and fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Molson_28

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello I'm starting up a 90 gallon planted tank. I want to keep both fish and invertebrates together. I'm thinking Amano shrimp, trumpet snails and small tetras. Any reason why I can't? Anything else I can add?? Thanks for any feedback.

That's sounds fine. You could go with a few schools of small tetras and other petite fish (such as micro rasboras) if you want to stick with the nano fish theme.

Ya I like the smaller fish in big numbers look. So do you think corydora would be ok in the tank? Or would they eat my snails and shrimp.

Threadfin Rainbows get 2" but have tiny mouths. Mine were fine with RCS, so Amanos would be safe.

Corydoras are awesome [emoji1360]

If there is plenty of plants, a Pearl Gourami might be fine as well. They are usually peaceful with smaller fish. I haven't tried them with Amanos, but I may see how Shrimp do in my 55g.

C sterbai
IMG_2471.jpg

C habrosus (stay 1.25")
IMG_2005.JPG

Threadfin males showing off for girls
IMG_0223.JPG

CPDs
IMG_0270.jpg

I would also get some shrimp maybe not rcs because everyone gets them but maybe some blue dream, or something that will still stand out and will reproduce so there is a lot of them.

I think I'm sold on getting one of those pearl gourami they look amazing

I think I'm sold on getting one of those pearl gourami they look amazing

He was tank raised and is doing great. They are a little more sensitive. It took him a couple of days to settle. I have a dark background and sides so my fish don't slam themselves if they panic. He does bolt if startled. But eating like a champ now !

He keeps posing with my BBA aarggh. Need to do some tank maintenance.

Oh I got BBA its on the ends of my branches. Artistic !
IMG_2624.jpg
I always try to edit out my issues LOL
I have a window to one side. Afternoon light. I covered the back and sides of tank. But thinking I'll need a heavier curtain. I hate to do it, Livingroom dark already. But GSA is a pain. 2 Nerites are working away at it. My Farlowella prefers the branches and Omega One algae wafers
IMG_4490.jpgIMG_4493.jpgIMG_2587.jpg

Back
Top Bottom