is 7.6dkh kH, low?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quick ? What's wrong with the alk being 7 I keep mine between 7-8 no higher and with your salt at 1.025 I don't think you should go higher than 8. With that said I had the same problem at startup I used baking soda mixed with rodi water to get my alk up then once where I wanted it I went back to esv there's a calculator you can use will try find it and post.

Yeah I agree with the numbers you posted but mine went down as low as 4.8dkh and the highest was 8.2.

Any where between 8-12. Stability is key, my lfs looks for around 10.5 in there tanks. Mine is 9.1-9.8. When my acans started to melt it was 5.6 they fully recovered and I'm seeing good growth in corals and clams.

Im trying to a for 9 right now.. The reef calculator for randy says i need to dose 100ml so im going to divide that to 5 days while keeping an eye on my calc and ph as well. My acans are getting smaller. They used to look like a Canadian toonie now theyre like quarters lol!!

shoot for a alk range of 8-12
I settled for 10 and it made a world of difference
I haven't tried the seltzer water trick but I heard a lot of good things about it it's used as a top off and the gases help raise alk levels to a safe range

This is the one I used. It works I only had to do it one time and you can use the calculator to tell you how much to add to ro water.

image-3127203270.jpg

Haven't tried baking soda. Im afraid the baking soda we have here in Canada contain something that makes it bubble up when mixed with water.

I think that's baking powder, different stuff. Arm and Hammer baking soda is world wide, I think. You are looking for pure sodium bicarbonate.

I don't know much about it but they always talk about it at the fish shop
they say it works thats about all I know next time I go in I'll ask about it

Curiosity got me into this hobby lol! Didnt know anyone who keeps saltwater tank before but everytime I go to lfs I always get stuck in front of their reef tank. :)

ok so Its goin to be couple of mins just before lights turns off. Should I test the water now that the lights are still on? or should I test it an hour after the lights are off just like yesterday?

What's a Canadian toonie? Like Canadian bacon size? When you dose ph will raise and drop that's why do it hours after the lights are off, or before you turn them on the ph will raise slowly over hours of the lights being on by then the spike will be over. If your ph is stable 8.1-8.2 it will return to that level. You could dose half and then later the other half to have a smaller spike. You might have to dose more the first couple days to get it were you want it. Then find out what is needed to maintain. I was dosing 60 to70 ml the first couple days.

These are the results i got when the lights were on..

PH -8
KH-6.3dkh
Ca-420

Last night was
Ph-8.1
KH-5.9
Ca-420

It looks like my KH went up a little when I dosed 20ml of that b-ionic 2 part

Back
Top Bottom