Is a heater necessary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anna94

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is an aquarium heater in Arizona really necessary?

as long as you can keep the water temperature consistent, I don’t see the need. I use a regular ceramic space heater which also acts as a tank heater for me and my tanks stay consistent at about 76f.

Heater depends on your room temperature and what fish you have in your tank. Look at your thermometer to determine if your temp is ok or not

If you can keep that water at 76 to 78 your fine , I have my heater set at 76 for emergencies but the heater almost never turns on since I live in Texas were it always hot and humid

Hello Ann...

Sounds silly to keep a thermometer in a tank in Arizona, doesn't it? Here's the deal: If the temperature for you species of fish is 76 degrees and your house stays at 76, then there's no need for a heater set to maintain 76 degrees. Even if the house temperature varies a few degrees during the day, the change is so gradual, the fish won't notice.

B

You guys don't use air conditioners in hot places? I live in UAE where temperature is hot as hell but I need to use heaters in my tanks because room temperature gets very cold because of air conditioning.

Arizona is a big state and can get way below freezing in certain places certain times of the year. But it doesn't matter where you live, what matters is what the immediate environment around the fish tank is.

My heaters rarely kick in as my fireplace is always going and tanks are directly across from the fire place , but I still have the heaters for back up and I'm in Colorado

My heaters rarely kick in as my fireplace is always going and tanks are directly across from the fire place , but I still have the heaters for back up and I'm in Colorado
Why.. What point in the United States does this help??

Back
Top Bottom