Is Eco Complete good substrate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brian_Nano12g said:
And... just called the LFS and they have a 9 liter bag (approx. 18lbs) of ADA AquaSoil Amazonia for $42.99+tax.

That doesnt seem to bad, its 28.99 online but depending on where you are shipping can bite

Just wanted to do a quick update on this thread. I eventually went for a bag of Caribsea Floramax because it was on clearance at Petsmart for $10 for a 12lbs bag of midnight black. I gave it a good rinse, added the biomagnet solution, and it was pretty easy and no issues with cloudiness for long. It was crystal clear the next day!

Well here's some before and after pics.. I'm getting pretty good growth. I'm dosing with Excel, Flourish, and API Leaf Zone. I'm also running DIY CO2 and have flourish root tabs embedded in the substrate.

Before... (warning: boring tank alert!):
7619792752_378cf9a6d8_z.jpg

After... (about 4 weeks of growth):
*Note the DHG was grown emersed.. so planting them submerged melted off some blades and now it's starting to come back nice and green...
7862672078_a6d75a7b7f_z.jpg

7862676210_b031702181_z.jpg

Thoughts & reflections... this stuff isn't too bad for the price. It's pretty much Eco Complete without the liquid bacteria juice.. It's also like Flourite (from what I read). It's certainly no Amazonia Aquasoil, but it's also not as expensive. IMO, it's definitely an upgrade to gravel.

On the right is Staurogyne Repens.

The rest are:
-Rotala Colorata
-Pogestemon Erectus
-Myriophyllum Mattogrossense
-Ludwigia sp. 'Red'
-Valisneria Spiralis
-Dwarf Hair Grass
-Hygrophillia Willowleaf

Back
Top Bottom