Is Furan-2 safe for mushroom corals ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrvincent

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, I ordered Furan-2 to dip my zoas, as they all have whites spots on them.

Unfortunately, one of the rocks is covered by both zoas and mushrooms... Will they survive Furan-2 dips ?

It's a kind of antibiotic... That's killing all bacterias... My goal here is to kill ZoaPox.

If used as a dip it shouldn't effect things. Just don't dump it into your tank, you'll un-cycle it.

Yes, for that point I know it....

The threatement is heavy dose into a dip for <30 mins each days for 3 days then 4-5 days waiting (relax in the main tank). Then repeat if not everything healty. I just recieved it by the mail and I think this is heavyly toxic product as it's carcinogen for humans... That's illegal here in Canada.

I still doubt it'll hurt the mushrooms. Just make sure you don't breathe it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'll sniff a bit powder, won't put gloves, and drink the dip after the treatement...
I'll take precautions.

Do you think I can use the same dip solution for the first three days treatement ? I'll need a lot of product (water) to dip my big zoa/mush rock...

No don't use the same solution. Everything will be falling off into it upon death.

** i'll have to buy more then... It's made for 1 packet for 1 cup of saltwater... I only have 10 packets...

So I'll have to frag my big rock or have to buy 2-3 more pack for 10$ each...

I'll sniff a bit powder, won't put gloves, and drink the dip after the treatement...
I'll take precautions.

Now now no need to be snarky lol.

I haven't found anything online that says it'll have a negative effect so you should be good to go.

I'd suggest maybe photographing the corals before the treatment so you have a comparison to check for any issues.

Good luck!

I've searched for this for 1-2 hours yesterday, I haven't found anything about if it hurt mushrooms... That's why I'm asking...

I have a big rock to dip... It's too big to dip in a cup of Furan-2... 3-4-5 cups won't be enough... Any idea on how I can dip this rock ?

If I put the rock in a 5 gallon bucket with 3 cup of furan-2 preparation, can I splash it with a turkey baster ? Will it be enough to kill zoa pox ?

Can always try to put it back together later. I've broken rocks apart time and time again...but there is one rock I'm very attached to for some reason. I know the feeling.

Back
Top Bottom