Is it fin rot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sschwenk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, this past Sunday I picked a lavender gourami from my local fish shop. He showed no signs of illness at all when I picked him up. As soon as I put him in the tank he was extremely skittish and wary of me, understandably. He looked healthy until I woke up this morning and found a black patch on his tail. He seems ok otherwise, however I can’t get a great look at him because he is still shy. My water is good, with ammonia 0, nitrite 0 and nitrate 10-20ppm. My guess is that stress weakened his immune system, making him susceptible to any bacteria lurking around. It concerns me that a patch this large appeared so rapidly and makes me wonder if I should medicate immediately ( If it is indeed fin rot) or just perform another water change and let it heal. Any advice would be appreciated. Attached is a horrible picture, but you can still can see the black patch. Unfortunately I can’t get him to come any closer for a better picture.

Attachments

• E34127CF-234C-4BE7-BB7B-4B3CD61F7D1D.jpg
    E34127CF-234C-4BE7-BB7B-4B3CD61F7D1D.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom